12 Jun Attention Ontario Coaches – 2020 NCCP Performance Coach (PC) Support Program
Dear Taekwondo Ontario Community;
Taekwondo Ontario is please to announce the launch of the 2020 NCCP Performance Coach (PC) Support Program as part of our commitment to help resident coaches in Ontario with their on-going education and development.
Taekwondo Ontario (TO) is the Provincial Sports Organization (PSO), recognized by the Government of Ontario, governing the sport and martial art of Taekwondo in the province.
TO is committed to supporting the on-going development and education of our Ontario coaches as their athletes continue to achieve podium success within Canada and beyond. Currently, Ontario athletes make up more than 40% of the athlete pool competing at the Canadian Nationals Championships. At the 2019 Pan Am Games, 8 of 13 athletes representing Team Canada were Ontario athletes trained by resident Ontario coaches.
For the upcoming 2020-2021 year, TO will be supporting the on-going development and education of 10 resident Ontario coaches to complete Taekwondo Canada’s NCCP Performance Coach (PC) course and obtain certified status. This support provided to the selected coaches will be in terms of funding support to offset the registration costs upon successful completion of the program.
NCCP Performance Coach Overview
Taekwondo Canada’s Performance Coach course will teach Dojang Coach certified coaches how to build a basic yearly training plan (YTP). Through a series of portfolios and activities, coaches will work through how to gather the information they need to gather to create a YTP. Coaches will complete hands-on activities which will enable them to create a unique and personalized YTP for a current athlete that they will continue to modify and develop as needed, in an ongoing and monitored environment, culminating in a training camp and in-competition evaluation. Coaches will be expected to complete assignments between each online class.
June 12-19, 2020
Notification of Selected Coaches:
June 26, 2020
Online Course Delivery (Zoom):
1 to 4 pm EST
July 7, 10, 17, 21, 24, 27, 31
August 4, 7
On-Going Progress Check-In:
To be scheduled with Mentor Coach
Training Camp Evaluation & Competition Evaluation:
Tentative – March 2021
Coaches applying for support must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a member of Taekwondo Ontario and Taekwondo Canada in good standing;
- Be NCCP Assistant Instructor and NCCP Dojang Coach Certified; and
- Previously coached at Canadian National Championships or Provincial Championships.
Eligible applicants that meet the minimum requirements listed above will then be selected based on the following criteria below:
- Gender allocation** (5 male coaches | 5 female coaches);
- Coaches with QFG carded athletes;
- Coaches or athletes of WT G4+ ranked events;
- Coaches or athletes of Canadian National Team;
- Coaches or athletes of Provincial Team;
Note** – In the event there are insufficient applicants to meet the gender allocation criteria, the remaining spots will be determined based on criterion #2 to #5 of the selection criteria.
Funding Support Schedule
- Successful coaches selected for this program will complete the QFG Coach Bursary for reimbursement maxed at $300.
- Taekwondo Ontario will reimburse a total of $900 ($300 per milestone) as follows:
a. Milestone # 1 – July 31, 2020
b. Milestone # 2 – August 15, 2020
c. Upon payment and registration with Taekwondo Canada for Training Camp Evaluation
- Registration will be first come first served. Being awarded a Coach Support Program spot is not a guarantee of a spot being held in the NCCP Performance Coach program as Taekwondo Canada will restrict the course to 10 registrants.
- Selected coaches must apply directly with Taekwondo Canada and register and pay for the course.
- Selected coaches are expected to attend ALL Zoom sessions punctually and complete ALL assignments on time as required. Attendance at the Zoom sessions and completion of assignments will fulfill the requirements of Milestone # 1 and Milestone #2 for the coach to be reimbursed by Taekwondo Ontario.
- Selected coaches are expected to attend required progress check-in calls with the mentor coach to discuss the progress of the target athletes.
- Upon registration with Taekwondo Canada for Training Camp Evaluation, reimbursement will be paid.
- Selected coaches are expected to complete the Training Camp and Competition Evaluation to complete the program to become certified.
Interested applicants will submit and email to Taekwondo Ontario at email@example.com along with the following information:
- NCCP #
- Resume or CV
- Why you feel you would be a suitable candidate?
- What do you expect to get out of the program?