18 Dec Taekwondo Ontario – Provincial Game # 2
Dear Taekwondo Ontario Community:
We have received many inquiries regarding the upcoming Provincial Championships to be held on January 6, 2018 and would like to confirm that the competition will be in fact be held as scheduled on January 6, 2018 starting at 8 am as per the Event Schedule and posting on September 15, 2017.
Attached is the tournament package for informational purposes only. Please click here to view.
In addition, please read below and note the following information and changes:
(1) This provincial competition is slated to be completed in one day only on Saturday January 6, 2018 instead of two days.
(2) This will be the ONLY competition that determines who will receive the TEAM ONTARIO jacket and funding. Participation at the 1st provincial competition in September 2017 will NOT be counted as we did not provide ample notice that this was to be a mandatory competition in line with our previous communication.
(3) Please read the Proposed Funding on page 3 item – #6 of the attached Tournament Information in the package.
(4) We are working with iTaekwondo to have online registration for this event. We anticipate that this should be up and running shortly and we will post a link on our website. Given the posting of the package we will continue to accept registrations until January 2, 2018 to allow competitors ample time to register. The payment can be made seamlessly 24 hours per day until the the close. As online registration will be the ONLY acceptable method of payment for this event, no cash or cheque payments will be accepted for registration and there will be no requirement to physically mail any documentation.
(5) All athletes must be members on Taekwondo Ontario in good standing. If for any reason you are not, please register for individual membership at www.taekwondo-ontario.com
As soon as we have any further updates, I will post to the website and our Facebook page.
We thank the membership for their patience and support as we look to make the process more efficient and apologize in advance for the growing pains that you have been experiencing.
Also, a big Thank You to Master Jun and iTaekwondo for assisting us with the online registration for this event.